10 Different Types of Silk Sarees from Indian Tradition
There is a wide range of Sarees available in India but among all, wearing Silk Sarees is a type of luxury for every woman in India. Whether it is in a wedding or any traditional event, it is a pleasure to find the host adorning in her best silk saree. With many different types of silk sarees made in different areas of our country, we are spoilt for choice! In this article, we will look at the different types of Indian traditional silk sarees to try on!
Here’s the list of some popular kinds of Silk Sarees that includes Banarasi Silk Saree, Chanderi Silk Saree, Kanjivaram Silk Saree, Patola Silk Saree, Mysore Silk Saree, Tussar Silk Saree, Bomkai Silk Saree, Handloom Silk Saree, Raw Silk Saree, and Cotton Silk Saree.
10 Different Types of Silk Sarees
1. Banarasi Saree As the name suggests, Banarasi Sarees get originated from Varanasi and are considered the best sarees in India. They’re known for gold & silver zari, opulent embroidery, and the finest quality of silk.
The Banarasi sarees are produced from fine woven silk that is adorned with detailed and intricate designs that give this saree a heavy and rich look. In Varanasi, one can find many small saree shops claiming to be selling the original Banarasi sarees but in reality, is just the second quality material. So do proper research and purchase this type of saree.
2. Chanderi Silk Sari Next in line is Chanderi Silk Sarees and which are made from the Chanderi cotton & silk cotton in Madhya Pradesh. The best thing about the handwoven Chanderi saree is it is very lightweight, smooth, and transparent texture, make every woman get a few reserved for a special occasion.
3. Kanjivaram Silk Saree This type of saree is known to be the royal and wealthy saree compared to other silk sarees out there. It’s the most favorite type of sarees preferred by a bridal for a special occasion. Durability & shimmer made this saree highly popular across the world, particularly in the south area.
4. Patola Silk Saree Patola silk sarees or Double Ikat sarees are popular across the world for their intricate weaves. The Patola saree comes in different colors, but navy blue and red is the classic example of how the designs are. Wear it to any wedding and get ready for plenty of compliments on your way.
5. Mysore Silk Sarees These are the best types of silk sarees and highly preferred type of saree. They generally come in the most vibrant colors and offers a classic and rich look to your attire. Very much like Kanchipuram Sarees, Mysore Silks are an inherent form of the Indian Tradition and culture of both North and South India.
6. Tussar Silk Saree Tussar Silk Sarees are mainly made by the tribal people and derived from a particular kind of silkworm found in the South Asia region. The Tussar sarees come in neutral tones like beige and honey and are easy to match with any bright colored blouses.
7. Bomkai Silk Saree The Bomkai Silk Saree also known as Sonepuri silk, is a wonderful piece of creativity with embroidery, ikat, and detailed thread work, and all woven in a beautiful 9-yard wonder. They’re available in cotton and silk and make amazing festive wear.
8. Handloom Silk Sarees The handloom silk sarees are the most popular type of silk saree especially among the youth who find it very comfortable draping the lightweight and breathable saree with the western tops than going with the traditional blouses to give it a contemporary look. The teenage to youth generation prefers this type of silk saree for festive occasions.
9. Raw Silk Saree Produced from natural silk, the raw saree is plain with a contrasting border. The material used in this type of saree is a little stiff and lesser shiny than other types of silk sarees mentioned here. It’s simple to wear and hold. Just pick up the best saree in your preferred shade and get ready for the occasion.
10. Cotton Silk Sarees Last but not the least, Cotton Silk Saree is a highly versatile fabric and is easy to wear in summer and winter. Cotton silk saree or Cot Silk is the best option since it is the low maintenance fabric and looks rich. The cotton sarees are always very comfortable and look good with embellishments, embroideries, and accessories. The cost of this type is lesser compared to the other types discussed above in this blog!
Conclusion Well, beautiful ladies, it is time to go for online saree shopping! Just get the beautiful silk sarees now and do not forget to inform us which you find the best from the given option.