When you are editing a video, you may need to cut out the beginning or end of the video clip. Here are the 4 ways to help you trim videos effectively. Let’s get started!
- Trim videos with MiniTool MovieMaker
- Trim videos with the Photos App
- Trim videos with iMovie
- Trim videos with Online Video Cutter
- How to Trim Video Clips with MiniTool MovieMaker
MiniTool MovieMaker is an excellent video trimmer that can trim a video clip quickly. As it supports various video formats, you can trim any video you want. Besides that, this video trimmer tool also allows you to merge video, split video, reverse video, speed up video and slow down video.
MiniTool MovieMaker is a free software to help you trim video without watermarks!
Take the following steps to learn how to trim a video with MiniTool MovieMaker.
- Step 1. Download MiniTool MovieMaker, open the installer, and complete the installation.
- Step 2. Launch the program and close the pop-up window to access its main interface.
- Step 3. Tap on Import Media Files to import the video that you want to trim, then drag and drop it to the timeline.
- Step 4. Move the start point of the clip to the right to remove the start frames, and drag the end point of the clip to the left to remove the end frames.
- Step 5. After trimming unnecessary parts of the video, you can edit this video as required.
- Step 6. Then, click on Export to open the Export window. Here you can edit the file name, change the video format, choose a new save path and change the video resolution.
- Step 7. Lastly, press the Export button to export the trimmed video.
How to Trim Video Clips with the Photos App
Another video trimmer is the Photos app. It’s included with Windows 10. This app can be used to trim videos, view photos and videos, and create photo slideshows. With the Photos app, you don’t have to install any video trimmer software on your computer.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to trim a video with the Photos app.
- Step 1. Find the desired video file and right-click on it. From the pop-up window, choose Open with > Photos to open the video with the Photos app.
- Step 2. Go to the toolbar, click the Edit & Create button and choose the Trim option.
- Step 3. Drag the start/ end point to the desired place.
- Step 4. After that, press the Save a copy button in the upper-right corner.
- Step 5. After processing the video clip, press and hold “Ctrl + S” and select a folder to save this trimmed video.
How to Trim Video Clips with iMovie
To trim video clips on macOS, iMovie surely meets your needs. It’s a simple to use video trimmer for beginners. Besides trimming video, iMovie comes with other editing features such as video cropper, video splitter, audio remover, green-screen effects, and more.
In this part, I’ll walk you through the steps to trim a video clip with iMovie
- Step 1. Open the iMovie app and import the video clip. Then drag and drop it to the timeline.
- Step 2. Select the clip you want to trim and right-click on the clip. From the pop-up menu, choose the Show Clip Trimmer option.
- Step 3. Drag the start and end points of the clip to select a range. Then close the Clip Trimmer.
- Step 4. Finally, export the trimmed video.
How to Trim Video Clips with Online Video Cutter
In addition to video trimmer software, you can use online video trimmers as well. Here recommend a free online video trimming tool – Online Video Cutter. It works in web browsers and can process small video files quickly.
Here’s how to trim a video with Online Video Cutter.
- Step 1. Visit the Online Video Cutter website.
- Step 2. Click on Open File and upload the wanted video clip.
- Step 3. After uploading the file, move the edge of the clip to cut out unwanted parts.
- Step 4. Tap on Save. Once the process is finished, download the trimmed video from this website.
The top 4 ways to trim video clips are listed here. Choose a suitable way and trim your videos now!
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *