In other words, Sonohysterography is known as Gynecologic ultrasonography. It is a form of ultrasonography used to diagnose the pelvic organs of the female. Apart from the pelvic organs, it is also capable of diagnosing other organs such as the recto-uterine pouch, bladder, and adnexa. The doctors and radiologists use this to find out the issues relevant to the pelvis area of a female. It helps in the evaluation of the uterus as well as the uterine cavity’s shape.
Besides, doctors can also get results related to ovaries. Hence, here will take a look at all the things that come with this ultrasonography test. It will help you to fathom whether you need this or not.
What are the medical conditions that Sonohysterography is capable of comprehending?
The radiologists may use this technique to diagnose several issues. For instance, with the help of this process, they can diagnose medical conditions such as:
• Uterine polyps
• Uterine fibroids
• The atypical shape of the uterus
• If there is any scarring inside your uterus
• Uterine cancer
So, if your doctor recommends you with this diagnostic exam, there is a possibility that you are going through the above-mentioned issues.
Preparations that you need to take before conducting Sonohysterography
Before you go for Sonohysterography, there are some preparations that you have to take. So, we are going to share that with you. It will help you in the future if your doctor recommends you Gynecologic ultrasonography.
• Make sure to wait for a week after your period ends. It will help the experts to extract accurate results. Besides, it will also reduce the risks of infection.
• There will be no issues with your eating or drinking. You can do them normally. Besides, you can also take all your medicines as before.
• Try to wear an absorbent pad in your underwear during the day of testing. The reason is that saline water will flow through your uterus after the completion of Sonohysterography.
• There is a possibility that the doctor will prescribe you, over-the-counter-pain killer before your testing. It will help you to deal with the discomfort.
• Also, the experts may ask you to complete a course on antibiotics before Gynecologic ultrasonography. It will lower down the risks of infection.
So, these are some of the preparations that you have to take before going through this test.
Are there any risks related to Sonohysterography?
Well, it is a safe process. However, there are some slight risks involved. Maybe, you will feel a bit of discomfort while going through this test. Besides, there is a chance of pelvic infection, but the probability is quite low. In case you are suffering from Pelvic Inflammatory disease, you should stay away from Sonohysterography. You can also visit the Radiology Centre at Harding if you want to know more about this procedure. It is residing in Morristown, New Jersey.
So, here are all the fundamental aspects of Sonohysterography Ultrasound Morristown NJ that you should know. Make sure to discuss it with your doctor before making any decision.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *