Do you know that certain foods, medications, beverages and your age might be the reason for your discolored and stained teeth? Well, your teeth might turn gray or yellow due to deep stains or surface stain marks. Go through this blog post to know about several causes for your yellow colored teeth and how you can remove unwanted stains easily.
Why do your teeth become yellow after brushing daily?
When you follow good dental care habits, your teeth will still get stained in due course. It is suggested that you brush teeth at least two times in a day and take an antiseptic mouthwash for keeping your mouth healthy and dirt free. These are some home remedies for yellow teeth whitening. There are certain genetic as well as lifestyle factors that have a great impact on your teeth shade. For example, these factors might be the reason for your teeth becoming grayish or yellow in color.
• Taking acidic drinks that include – tea, coffee, red wine and soda
• Smoking cigarettes and addicted to other tobacco related products
• Dry mouth
• Thin enamel of the tooth that denotes pale brown layer beneath known as the dentin
• Certain medications such as antibiotics and few supplements
How you can eliminate the problem of your yellow teeth
Luckily, there are certain things you may do to brighten the color of your teeth. You need to practice proper oral hygiene habits, avoid taking foods and drinks that may lead to stain marks and use products for whitening teeth that can remove unwanted stains and improve your smile.
1. Maintain good dental hygiene – It is extremely important to follow improved dental hygiene habits for keeping your teeth brighter and whiter by eliminating stain marks completely. Brush teeth properly two times a day for at least two minutes and floss daily to get rid of small food particles stuck in between the teeth. You can take an antiseptic or use a mouthwash for keeping your mouth clean and healthy. Make sure you go for routine dental checkups and follow the instructions of your dentist in order to prevent stain marks in future.
2. Avoid eating foods that cause stains – Practicing good oral hygiene is necessary but you may even avoid forming new stains on the teeth by not having foods or drinks that contain acids or colors. There are some pigmented food items such as – berries, coffee and red wine that should be avoided to maintain the color of your teeth for many years. Also, you should try to remove unwanted food particles from your teeth by brushing properly after you consume them.
3. Opt. for products and treatments to whiten teeth – If you do not know how you can whiten discolored teeth, then you may perform an in-office whitening treatment from the dentist. By undergoing an in-office whitening treatment, you will be able to see the desired results in one or few visits only. The effect of the procedure will last for a long time when compared to other products for teeth whitening. Consult with your dentist who will suggest for an at-home whitening kit that consists of a customised tray and whitening gel. The instructions will differ though patients usually need to wear one of these trays for the specified time for one or two weeks. It is advised that you follow the instructions of your dentist and maintain the results of whitening treatment for a long time. With these teeth whitening home remedies, you can restore whiter and whiter teeth as well as improve your overall appearance.
When performing any whitening treatment from your dentist, you will find it is more costly than other whitening products you purchase at the store. You may try using mouthwashes, whitening strips, toothpastes or whitening pens available over-the-counter these days. These products usually include lower concentration of whitening compounds, as used by your dentist and so, they might not be that effective. Still, they can help you to attain some whitening of your teeth.
4. Protection of your teeth enamel – You might not be able to restore your attractive smile due to weak teeth enamel. Well, you won’t be able to repair the enamel on its own once it gets broken. If any oral disease affects your enamel, then you cannot restore it easily and your weakened enamel will be highly susceptible to cavities and tooth decay. This is where will come the protection for the tooth enamel. The presence of fluoride in most toothpastes can strengthen the enamel against wear and tear related to acidic beverages and foods which will lead to less stains on the weak enamel.
5. Try to eat foods that are rich in calcium – When you eat foods that have higher amount of calcium, this can strengthen your tooth enamel. Having strong and healthy enamel means your dentin layer below will not show that your teeth are white in color. Besides, eating dairy based and non-dairy foods that are rich in calcium will provide your teeth with the needed minerals for keeping the tooth enamel strong and healthy.
Thus, when dental hygiene fails to improve the appearance of your teeth, it is already time to look for other possible options. You need to consult with your dentist by booking a free consultation at www.london-teeth-whitening.co.uk/ for professional teeth whitening and other recommendations to remove stains for your brighter smile.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *