For the best performance of QuickBooks accounting software you need update it. Skipping update may cause several errors such as screen display error. You can update your QuickBooks by downloading update from the official site of Intuit. These updates are also known as maintenance release error.
In this article we will discuss how to update QuickBooks
How to update QuickBooks Desktop
There are three methods for downloading updates from the Internet which as follows:
Automatic QuickBooks Update Method (default setting):
QuickBooks desktop has default setting for Automatic QuickBooks update. By using this setting QuickBooks will download update automatically. To stop this disable the option.
Follow these steps to enable or disable the Automatic Update option-
- Go to the Help menu and Select Update QuickBooks.
- While in the Update QuickBooks window, click on the Options
- To enable the update click on Yes or No to disable
- Click Save and then click Close.
If you do not want automatic update, then try the alternative for ‘Immediate Update Method’.
Immediate QuickBooks Update Method:
By this process you can download QB updates immediately from the Intuit server to your computer and you can use it at any time (even if Automatic Update is enabled) and you can immediately download, whether or not QuickBooks is open. It is recommended that you check for updates approximately once in a month.
Follow these steps below, to check for and install updates to QuickBooks:
- Go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Update Now.
- Select the updates in order to download and click on Get Updates. Click the Maintenance Releases link to check what is included in the update, in the Updates column.
- Exit QuickBooks. QuickBooks will prompt you to install the update now, depending upon the version you have, or the next time you start your software. But, when it does, click Install Now or Yes to install the update. After installing the update, restart your computer.
If the user does not wish to install updates using the update feature in QuickBooks or is having problems with the update feature. They can download and install available updates. If there are multiple copies of QuickBooks, it’s better to update them all. Otherwise, it will not be possible to open your company file(s).
This updates is for Multi-User Mode in QuickBooks Pro and in QuickBooks Premier:
If the user is using QuickBooks Pro or Premier in multi-user mode, then they would need to install the update on each computer that has QuickBooks Pro or Premier installed on it. They can either connect to the Internet from each computer that has QuickBooks installed on it or can download the update to one computer on the network and share it.
All QuickBooks Pro or Premier users on your network must complete the following steps to share an update:
- Open the shared company file.
- Navigate to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options
- Set the Share Download option to Yes.
- Click the Save
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *