With the advent of globalisation, almost every sector of mankind got industrialised and so did one of man’s favourite commodities ‘Tobacco’. In the mid-20th century almost, every adult was addicted to tobacco in one form or the other. In-fact during World War-I soldiers, civilians, and government officials were given cigarettes and were prized with cigarettes and cigars for their morale-boosting qualities.
Finally, in the late 1963, Mr. Herbert A Gilbert invents the first electronic cigarette and filed a patent for this. However, it was not until the year 2003 when Mr. Hon Lik a Chinese pharmacist invented the first commercially viable electronic cigarette that took over the entire market of smokers in China. In the year, 2006 e-cigarettes were finally introduced in the European and the American markets and they took over the market like a storm.
Reasons for Popularity-
There were various reasons for e-cigarettes for becoming more popular than traditional cigarettes.
1. Price- At the end of the day every individual is money-minded and for anyone switching from traditional cigarettes to an e-cigarette would cut their costs drastically. The initial cost of an e-cigarette instrument is comparatively higher however, the recurring is much lower as compared to a traditional cigarette. Let's say a heavy smoker can go from spending about $100 a month on cigarettes to only $30 on replacement coils and e-liquid. Also, with e-cigarette wholesale suppliers the cost could further come down to $25 a month.
2. Health- the entire idea behind e-cigarettes was to give people a healthier alternative against the traditional tobacco cigarettes. The most harmful substance in tobacco is Nicotine and e-cigarettes form the best alternative because here we can easily control the level of nicotine also, it reduces the intake of other harmful elements that are present in cigarettes.
3. Variety of Flavours: e-cigarettes are blessed with a component called e-liquid or vape juice which acts as a fuel to e-cigarettes. It also creates the desired smoke and the best part, manufacturers can infuse a variety of flavours in the e-liquid giving us endless options for flavours. Not only that various brands like 88 vape wholesale can produce endless flavours like blueberry, honey, bubble gum, spearmint, etc. at a nominal wholesale price.
4. Do not yellow the teeth or fingers: Yes! You heard it right! E-cigarettes do not have any adverse effect on your teeth, gums, tongue, or even nails.
5. Hazard Proof: Over the years, there have been many incidents reported where houses have burned because of cigarette fires. However, in the case of e-cigarettes we do not have to worry about such fire hazards however, it is imperative to say that one must always choose the batteries intelligently and handle them well.
6. Non-Addictive: Tobacco cigarettes have been cursed to be addictive however e-cigarettes are not addictive in nature and one can easily abstain from smoking.
7. Hobbyists: What starts as simply a lifestyle change to cut costs and increase overall health quickly becomes a hobby. For a certain group of society vaping or smoking e-cigarettes has become the new cool. These are the people who will often upgrade their vaping devices multiple times, develop an interest in sub-ohm vaping and "cloud chasing," or otherwise find enjoyment in experimenting with different equipment & e-liquids.
Concept of Vaping and E-cigarettes
Vaping and E-cigarettes are relatively new concepts however, with more and more people switching from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes they are taking over the world like a wild-fire. With vaping technology advancing daily and becoming more streamlined and user-friendly we can expect this trend to continue. As long as people want to quit smoking, and as long as there is a healthier alternative to smoking, people are going to vape.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *