The software can make our work smooth and easier by simplifying it. It is developed using various codes and algorithms, so there are chances that at some point in time it may crash due to some issues. These issues can be technical or due to third-party interference. One such error in QuickBooks is QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100. It is a run-time error that comes in the category of the QuickBooks Error 6000 series.
QuickBooks Error Code 6010 indicates that QuickBooks is not permitted to access the network due to anti-virus software or firewall. Also, you may be encountered with the same error code at the time of re-installing QuickBooks.
The Reason that can lead to QuickBooks Error 6010
QuickBooks Error 6010 occurs when your QuickBooks is modified while installation.
Read more.. How to Download QuickBooks 2013
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6010, -100
Method 1: Fixing Hosting issues.
It is advised by Intuit experts that only one system should act as a host to the software as it is connected to company files. You can check for the same by following the steps below:
- Reboot your system and log in to this system as the “System Administrator”.
- From your keyboard, press the F2 key.
- Browse for the Local Server Information.
- Open it.
- Check for the hosting icon and turn it ON.
Method 2: Manual tracking
- There are times when permission setting for the system restricts access to the company file.
- In such cases, you are unable to open the company files and work on them.
- To open those files, you need to manually configure your setting.
Method 3: Disable the Firewall temporarily
- Windows Firewall is system security software that may restrict the functioning of some applications in certain areas.
- The firewall may be restricting the entry for QuickBooks over a server.
- All you have to do is reset the permission restrictions or disable the windows firewall temporarily.
Method 4: Rename the .nd file
- Browse for files with extension .nd.
- Check for the file which is responsible for QuickBooks Error 6010.
- Rename the file and then open QuickBooks.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *