Any organization that uses QuickBooks to manage their financial transactions will agree that the application is integral for maintaining relationships and streamline complex processes. Companies need to send across vital information to clients, vendors and customers for various reasons and the inability to establish contact with the email server may have an adverse effect on businesses.
After entering their credentials on QuickBooks webmail, some users have reported experiencing an error message displayed on their screen QuickBooks couldn’t connect to email server, especially after they have entered their email password.</p>
In this blog, we will help you regarding all the information that you may need regarding this error; including the reasons you have encountered this error and the steps you need to take to resolve the issue.
QuickBooks Couldn’t Connect to Email Server
In QuickBooks Desktop, users might face two kinds of error messages while using the Webmail facility, The first is QuickBooks Couldn’t connect to Email Server: We are unable to connect to the Email server for your email provider;
The second message is QuickBooks could not send your form for the below reason: QuickBooks connected to the remote server, however, could not understand the server’s response.
It is seen that the above errors are occurring majorly for users having a Yahoo email address.
What are the Reasons for Could not connect to the Email Server?
There are several reasons because of which you may be encountering this error while using QB desktop. For your reference, they are listed below:
- When incorrect username /ID or password have been entered while logging into your email.
- There is some problem with the user’s internet connection.
- The email server settings have not been configured correctly.
- The user is not having the credentials of the admin required to login to windows.
- The settings of Internet explorer are interfering with the connection between QuickBooks and the email server.
- The files required to run QuickBooks are damaged.
- The Outlook application present on your system is corrupted.
- The QuickBooks software installed on your system is outdated.
How to Fix Could not Connect to the Email Server -QuickBooks?
It is extremely important to resume the connection between QuickBooks and your email server at the earliest as such errors are hampering the communication between the organization and its clients, customers and vendors. There are various ways in which you can fix Could not connect to the email server error, see which of these solutions work for you:
1. Update your QuickBooks Software
- Open QuickBooks desktop and go to the help menu. Click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now click on the Update Now option.
- Check the Reset update option and then click on get updates.
- Wait for the updates to install on your system and click on close when the update is complete.
2. Review the settings of the Webmail Preferences
Firstly, got to the QuickBooks edit menu and then click on Preferences.
- Then click on Send Forms option.
- After that, in the ‘My Preferences’, choose your email account and click on edit.
- When the Edit Email information screen opens, check the SMTP server details sections and rectify the name of the server ,
- Finally, Port the Email Provider Settings
3. Reset the Settings of Internet Explorer to Default
- Begin by pressing the windows+r button together.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and click Ok
- Click on the advanced tab and click on Restore advanced setting.
- Press the Apply option and click Ok.
4. Review the Settings of your Anti-virus or Third Party Software
If an anti virus or third party software is interfering with your access to QuickBooks it is recommended to check the settings of these software. Ensure to disable the email filtering options in this app so that they do not block your access to the email server.
5. Reconfigure the File Hosting on QuickBooks Desktop
If there are conflict issues between your system and the QuickBooks server due to the hosting services, follow the below steps:
(1) Disable Hosting on all Computers
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks menu and click on utilities option.
- Now, click on the “Stop Hosting Multi-user access” and press the yes button.
(2) Enable Hosting on the Server Computer
- Open the windows task manager by pressing the ctrl + alt + delete button together.Click on the “More details” option.
- Open the services and from the list, click on QBDBMgrN.exe.
- Lastly, choose the “Automatic start” option to start hosting.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *