How Cockroaches are Harmful?
Cockroaches are generally found crawling wherever food is, whether it is in our kitchen or rubbish bins or food storage places. Cockroaches are considered pests due to their filthy nature and foul smell. It causes allergies if continuously exposed to it besides carrying diseases such as dysentery, cholera, diarrhoea and typhoid fever.
In order to get rid of them, you need to follow some remedies that would definitely help you prevent them:
● Cleaning the target areas: Cockroaches usually crawl behind the places where it is hard to clean and under appliances and cabinets. And therefore, the area where food is prepared must be cleaned before and after cooking food. Moreover, make sure that there is no food left over the counter. Keep the items such as cheese, garbage, meat, grease and sugary foods out of their reach. Cleaning is very essential but with the right ingredients.
● Cinnamon: Cinnamon has a repulsive effect on cockroaches. What you need to do is sprinkle the fresh cinnamon powder around the area where food is kept or prepared. This will prevent cockroaches from breeding and climbing up the cabinets or slabs.
● Bay Leaves: The smell of bay leaves makes the cockroaches sick. You can find them in any grocery shop and place them in areas that are hard to clean. You may require a significant amount of bay leaves and have some patience. But eventually, you will get rid of cockroaches. This is a natural way to prevent them.
● Neem: Neem is another natural ingredient to get rid of cockroaches. You can either use neem leaves or neem oil. Both help to prevent cockroaches. If you are using neem leaves, place them in the kitchen and you will see the result in three days. On the other hand, neem oil can be mixed with hot water and sprayed so that cockroaches don’t breed. Neem oil contains a chemical that is poisonous to cockroaches.
● Lemons: Lemons are a natural disinfectant. There are many ways in which lemon can be used to get rid of cockroaches. The first method is to cut the lemon into half and squeeze it on the surfaces where cockroaches generally appear. Secondly, lemon juice can be mixed with a little water and sprayed over the areas and spaces that cannot be cleaned. The third remedy to keep cockroaches at bay is to mix one lemon and two tablespoons of baking soda in a litre of hot water. Stir this mixture well and spray or pour it on the wash area that is below the sink, drain outlets, etc.
● Borax Soap: If you can find a soap that contains borax, that would do wonders. Borax is a natural antiseptic. You will have to mix the soap with hot water and spread it thickly on the counters where food is prepared or kept.
● Pest Control Services: However, if you are unable to prevent cockroaches with the remedies listed above, you should go for cockroach pest control services. The person who comes to your house to kill the cockroaches prepare a liquid and spray it around the areas such as drainage, or they make a paste so that the cockroach dies as soon as it consumes it. If you opt for both options, it will be most effective.
● Oils: There are a few essential oils that can be helpful for skin care as well as killing the cockroaches such as lavender oils, peppermint oils, etc. You can spray these oils in areas where cockroaches are found.
Depending upon the cockroaches you have at your place, you can opt for any of the following options. You will see the results once you start trying these remedies or pest control services.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *