The power transformer is broadly used to step up and down the voltage at the distribution station and electrical power generating station. But before knowing in-depth about power transformers, it's essential to know how it is different from the distribution transformer. In this post, we will discuss the basics of power transformers and their working process. These transformers are made by several Power transformers Manufacturers India in the best quality.
Difference between distribution transformer and power transformer:
• The distribution transformer has high efficiency when the load stays between 50 and 70 percent. On the other hand, the power transformer typically works in the entire load because it is constructed to have high efficiency at 100 percent load.
• The power transformer causes high voltage while step-up and step-down. Therefore when compared to the instrument transformers and distribution transformers, it has high insulation.
• The distribution transformer has less flux density than the power transformer.
• Power transformers experience the low load fluctuations than distribution transformers.
The working principle of power transformer :
Power transformer operates on 'electromagnetic induction faraday's law principle. It is the fundamental law of electromagnetism that explains the working principle of motors, inductors, electric transformers, and generators.
Consider a permanent conductor and magnet is taken near to each other initially:
• The conductor is evaded at bond sides using a wire.
• In this case, the conductor will not experience the current flow or the loop because the magnetic field detaching the loop is stationary as stated by the law; only a changing or different magnetic field can strain the current in the loop.
• So, there will be no electric current flow in the conductor loop in the initial case of the stationary magnetic field.
Now, consider if the magnet is operating back and forth like a pendulum, then the magnetic field detaching the loop keeps altering. Since there is a different magnetic field existing in this case, Faraday's laws come to the rescue, and you can view a current flow in the conductor loop.
Now you have to detach the permanent battery to substitute it with different magnetic field sources.
• The permanent magnet is substituted with a different magnetic field (AC voltage)
• Now a conductor and an interchanging voltage source are used to produce a different magnetic field.
• After the conductor loop is taken near the range of the magnetic field, we can view an EMF produced across the conductor. Because of this incited EMF, we will gain a current flow 'I.'
• The magnitude of the incited voltage is proportional to the field strength encountered by the second loop. So, the higher the strength of the magnetic field, the higher the flow of current in the closed-loop.
Though there is a chance to utilize a single conductor set up to learn Faraday's law, to attain a standard performance, utilizing a coil on both ends is preferred.
Here, an interchanging current flows using the primary coil 1, which produces the diversified magnetic field around the conductor coils. And when coil 2 makes its way in the range of the magnetic field produces by coil 1, then an MF voltage is produced across coil
It is your responsibility to remember that both coils are hanged in the air, so the conduction medium utilized by the magnetic field is air. And the air has high resistive capacity than the metals in the case of field conduction. So if you use a ferrite or metalcore to play a medium for electromagnetic field, experiencing the electromagnetic induction thoroughly will be easy.
So, now let us substitute the air medium with the iron medium for a better understanding:
You can significantly use ferrite or iron core to minimize magnetic flux loss while the power transmission from one coil to another coil. At this duration, the magnetic flux dispersed into the atmosphere will be comparably lesser than when you used air medium as a core is an excellent conductor of the magnetic field. Once the field is produced by coil one, it will flow using an iron core, reaching coil two because, according to Faraday's law, only coil 2 produces an EMF, which will be studied by the galvanometer attached across coil 2.
Now, if you read it carefully, you will get to know that this setup seems similar to a single-phase transformer. And yes, every Power transformers Manufacturers India follows the same principle to construct the transformer in the present day as well.
• The transformer's skeleton is constructed by reinforcing laminated metal sheets that are utilized for carrying magnetic flux.
• The lower voltage winding is wound and wound nearer to the center, while the higher voltage winding is wound above the lower-voltage winding. It is crucial to remember with the help of an insulation layer, both the windings are separated.
• This complete construction of winding and skeleton is soaked in a sealed tank filled having industrial oil for optimal isolation and heat conductivity.
• Once the winding is done, the end terminals, including all six coils, were disclosed out of the sealed tank with the help of the HV Insulator.
• The terminals are concentrated at enough distance from each other to stop the spark jumps.
The terminals are fixated at a fair distance away from each other to avoid spark jumps.
Applications of power transformer:
• The power transformer is primarily utilized in distribution stations and at electric power generation.
• It is also used in earthing transformers, isolation transformers, solar PV farm transformers, Korndoefer autotransformer starters, six pulse and twelve pulses rectifiers, and wind farm transformers.
• It is utilized for high voltage step-up and high voltage step-down.
• It is also ideal for minimizing power losses; meanwhile, electric power transmission.
• It is preferred in the cases where loads keep running at total capacity also 24x7
• It is chosen during the long-distance client cases.
From the above-discussed information, you can learn how efficient the power transformer is and no doubt why Power transformers Manufacturers India are familiar with their construction of the transformers. Therefore, understand the differences and choose ideally.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *