Let’s have a look at the benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama and what is the real meaning of Bhastrika Pranayama. Also, know the methods precautions while practicing Bhastrika asana in this article.
Bhastrika is a Sanskrit language word. Bhastrika means "blower". This pranayama is also called Bellows Breathing Technique in English. Like a blacksmith in his factory, with the help of a blower, he processes the iron by heating it with a strong gust of wind to shape it and remove its impurities. Like him, this Bhastrika Pranayama also cleans the mind and removes the negativity inside the body. In this pranayama, impure air is taken out at a strong speed like a blower and at that speed, pure air is taken in.
In the present century, the atmosphere is becoming very polluted and through this polluted environment, due to the process of breathing, impure air, dust, dirt enter inside our body and damage our lungs. Bhastrika pranayama is the best way to avoid this problem.
How to do Bhastrika Pranayama?
There is the following method of doing Bhastrika pranayama:
1. First of all, choose a quiet and nice flat place and keep a mat or a pedestal there.
2. Now you have to sit in the position of Vrajasana, Padmasana, or Siddhasana. Remember that while doing this pranayama it is very important to keep your body stable. Head or neck should not be moved at all.
3. Now close the eyes and stabilize your body and keep both hands in the posture of knowledge.
4. Now take a fast breath through your nose like a blower and leave it out. Remember that when breathing in, the lungs should swell and while exhaling the lungs should shrink. Do it 12 times. While doing this pranayama, the time to breathe and the time to exhale should be the same.
5. Now take deep breaths from both the nostrils slowly and exhale slowly from both the nostrils and get relaxed.
6. Initially repeat this process 2 times(2 minutes). You can repeat this process 5 to 10 times after the practice is over.
7. This process is done at three different speeds: 2 breaths in 1 second, 1 breath in 1 second, 1 breath in 2.5 seconds. You are requested to start with slow motion (1 breath in 2.5 seconds).
Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama
Some benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama are given below.
1. Bhastrika Pranayama Rama Baan is the treatment to overcome the problem of Vata, Pitta, Kapha.
2. The lungs are strengthened by Bhastrika pranayama.
3. The practice of Bhastrika Pranayama greatly improves the health of patients with cancer, TB, asthma, and other terrible diseases.
4. Helps to work on body fat and reduces body weight.
5. Makes the mind and body agile.
6. Due to the speed of the breathing process, oxygen, and carbon dioxide in the blood are rapidly manipulated, hence the rate of metabolism increases.
7. Performing Bhastrika Pranayama improves the blood circulation system.
8. By doing Bhastrika Pranayama, the amount of oxygen in the body always remains.
Precaution to Bhastrika Pranayama
1. Before doing Bhastrika Pranayama, you should clean your nose.
2. After doing this pranayama, the respiratory activity should be normalized by doing Anulom Vilom pranayama.
3. High blood pressure and patients with heart problems should not do Bhastrika pranayama.
4. Stone patients, hernia patients, high blood pressure diseases, sinus patients should not do Bhastrika pranayama, it is harmful to you.
5. If someone has a nose or stomach problem, Bhastrika pranayama should be done only after consulting the doctor.
6. This pranayama should be done on an empty stomach or after 5 hours of having a meal.
7. In summer, do this pranayama at least and do it only in the morning.
8. If you have any disease, then you should not do any pranayama without the advice of a yoga instructor or doctor. You can also know more about yoga asana by joining 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
What asanas should perform before performing Bhastrika Pranayama
Do the Bhastrika Pranayama only after completing the posture you do every day.
If you practice this pranayama according to the method given above, you will get more benefits. Therefore, do this pranayama according to the method by calming the mind.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *