Soyabean or soybean is an amazing legume, from which many products can be made for consumption. A variety of products than can be made are:
The soy industry in India is seeing a good growth since the inception and training provided by the ICAR in Bhopal. That body is responsible in training the entrepreneurs who are vested in making soy products.
1. The first step to the process is soaking the de-husked (husk or shell removed) soybean following the uniquely designed techniques which helps in deep cleaning the lentils in order to remove the beany odor from the soybeans. After being washed twice, the beans are then ready to go into the grinder.
2. When the beans are ground along with the water, the resultant soy milk, raw in nature is transferred through a sterilizer in fixed batches for pasteurizing the raw soy milk. The processed soy milk is collected in fixed volume tubs for further processing for soy tofu.
3. The milk collected is then allowed to cool down to room temperature. After being cooled, the milk is then commenced for the coagulation using the specialized coagulating agents.
4. When the milk starts reacting with the agent and starts to coagulate, slowly agitate the mixture for collecting the solids together. The water present in the mixture is then drained and the solids are collected together to be transferred to the tofu press.
5. What we get in the end is the fresh block of tofu paneer.