QuickBooks Online is now growing web based accounting software for small and medium sized businesses all across the globe. Since it a web based accounting software so user can access it anytime from anywhere making. However, there are many people are still using QuickBooks desktop and due to the benefits of QuickBooks Online they want to migrate from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
Note: When we are converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online there are big threats of losing data
In this post we will discuss for o converting your QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online through three very easy steps.
Method 1: Verify your Data
To verify the data follow the mentioned steps.
- Go to “File”
- Click on the “Utilities” and select “Verify“.
Note: If there are any issues when you try to “Verify Data” you will be asked to “Rebuild Data“. Once you are done rebuilding the data, verify it again to see if the issue is resolved or not
Method 2: Save the company file in QuickBooks Online format
In your QuickBooks desktop version, create a copy of your company file which is also compatible with QuickBooks Online.
- Go to “Files”.
- Now open “Utilities”
- Open “Copy Company Files.
- Now select “Save the file” in your desktop.
Step 3: Import QuickBooks Desktop File to QuickBooks Online
Once the first 2 steps completed then you can easily import QuickBooks Desktop file to the online version through Internet Explorer.
- Go to the “Company”
- Select “More”
- Now select “Import QuickBooks Desktop Data“.
- Select the “File” you want to import and then wait for the importing process to complete.
- Once the data import is done you will get a confirmation mail.
Steps to convert your QuickBooks desktop files to QBO
Convert your QuickBooks Desktop Files to QuickBooks Online by following steps.
Step 1: Check the requirement of file
Step 2: Prepare data
- Update all your data before converting as well as clean up all unwanted data.
- Create a backup of your data in the data file. For creating backup of go to File then Back Up Company and then Create Local Backup.
Step 3: Create a QuickBooks Online Account
- Once it completed with all the work related to data create a QuickBooks Online account and provide all the necessary details required.
- Once account created log out of the QuickBooks onlineAccount.
Step 4: Open QuickBooks Desktop
- After logged out of your new QuickBooks Online account launch your Quickooks Desktop for exporting data. But before exporting ensure you have downloaded the recent update.
- If not then open Help menu to select QuickBooks Update.
- Once done click on Company Menu and select Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
Step 5: Log in back to QuickBooks Online Account
- After the selection of Export Company File to QuickBooks Online, log in to the QuickBooks online account. You will be asked if you want to export your existing inventory.
- Quickbooks using FIFO process, if you say yes to this the value of the inventory will be recalculated using the same method from the mentioned start date.
Step 7: Copy Data File
- After the selection of the company file copy the data file there and it will take some time.
- When data is copied you will get a notification and you have to click on OK Got It.
- After your data is ready in QuickBooks Online you will be sent an email confirmation regarding the same and you will be asked to complete the set up.
- However, before you start working on QuickBooks Online does check if the data have been exported correctly. You can run a profit and loss statement and a balance sheet report and then compare with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
- Once your data is ready, you will receive an email notification similar to the one below.
- Click on the “Complete your setup” button to log into QBO and review your data.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *