Email client software eases the operations of email communications and that is why most people use these types of software for all professional work. Yes, most professional people use one of the email client software instead of the default email experience provided by the service provider.
And Outlook is the most popular email client among all of them. It is one of a kind email program developed by the Microsoft team that lets you have full control over your profile. It is pretty cool and allows users full flexibility to configure the emails on it. And even if you want to manage more than email accounts, Outlook is the perfect program for you.
SBCGlobal was one of the most prominent email services until they merged their operations with AT&T. If you have an SBCGlobal email account and want to configure your account then you can use this guide. We will list all the steps required to configure the SBCGlobal email on Outlook.
Let’s get started.
Settings for SBCGlobal email
Before adding the SBCGlobal email in Outlook, we must know the server settings of SBCGlobal.net
Here is the list:
Incoming Mail Server:
• Account Type – IMAP or POP3
• Server – pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
• Port – 995
• Requires SSL – Yes
Outgoing Mail Server:
• Server – smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
• Port – 465
• Requires SSL – Yes
Username and password are the same as your account and you must enter them.
How to Add SBCGlobal Email to MS Outlook
So, with the help of the above settings, you will be able to configure SBCGlobal email in Outlook. The process is pretty straightforward and simple, just follow the steps you will be able to add the account without any hassle.
• Open the Outlook and then click on the File tab from the top left corner and then click on the Add Account option.
• Now, select the ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ option and hit the Next button.
• Then you need to choose the account type, select IMAP or POP, and hit Next.
• Now, you should choose the POP3 as the Account Type on the next page as well.
• After that, you will need to start filling in the settings for the SBCGlobal on that page. Enter incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, username, and password, and then click on the More Settings option.
• Now, you need to open the Outgoing Server tab and then check the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ option.
• And then select the ‘use the same settings as my incoming mail server’ option.
• Now, head over to the Advanced options tab and enter the port for both server types as listed above.
• Then, click on the OK button and proceed further by pressing the Next button.
• And then click on the Finish button to complete the process and click on the Close button to exit the wizard.
So, this way you will be able to add your account in Outlook without much trouble.
But what happens when you face a few issues with your account while trying to access it on the browser. If you’ve encountered a few issues, then you must take certain steps to resolve those issues.
How to Fix SBCGlobal Email Problems
You can encounter a couple of problems on your account and here are the methods you should use to resolve them.
• If you are unable to login into your email account on a web browser, then you must make sure to use the correct password. Check If the caps lock button is on or off and then enter the correct password. If you are having trouble, then you can reset the password of the SBCGlobal email account. Or, change the SBCGlobal email password using the mobile number or alternate email ID.
• If you are not receiving emails from a particular email address, then you must check a few things. First, you need to fix your spam mail settings because sometimes, emails can go straight to the spam folder. Check the spam rules and fix them. You could also check the filters from the inbox and remove the email address from excluded list.
• If you are unable to open the SBCGlobal email account on a particular web browser, then you must switch to a different browser. Or clear the cache, cookies, and history of the browser and then try to login to your SBCGlobal email account.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *