We often snack on almonds as it is the nutritional powerhouse containing healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, fibre and phytochemicals. But it isn’t limited to just snacking or adding to trail mix. Due to the nutrition stored in it, it is no surprise if I say Almond oil, derived from this nut, is extremely beneficial for skin, hair and body nourishment.
Let’s polish our knowledge about Pure Almond Oil.
Almond is a seed inside the fruits of the Almond tree which appears like peaches, only in green colour. First grown in the Middle East, almonds soon became popular due to the extremely beneficial oil extracted from the seeds. Ripe Almonds were pressed to extract the oil with minimal heat and nearly half of dry Almond’s weight was found to be oil.
Almond oils are mainly of two types- bitter and sweet. As this oil is obtained from the Almond tree (Prunus amygdalus var. Dulcis), which does not contain poisonous chemical seeds, sweet almond oil is better suited for skin. Whereas, bitter almond oil, derived from a different kind of Almond tree (Prunus amygdalus var. Amara), can be toxic and is used only for medicinal purposes. Sweet almond oils have
• Vitamin A- The production of new skin cells and smooth fine lines are stimulated with the retinol in vitamin A.
• Vitamin E- The ultraviolet rays of the sun are harmful for the skin and we all know that. Vitamin E has antioxidant property that helps in preventing cell damage and reducing the damage done by ultraviolet (UV) rays to the skin.
• Omega-3 Fatty Acids- These nutrients may help prevent premature ageing and safeguard against sun damage.
• Zinc- For healing acne or other facial scars zinc has proved to an essential nutrient. Zinc is more effective for this purpose when taken orally.
The process of extraction determines the quality of Pure Almond oil. The best quality badam tel present in the market is cold-pressed sweet almond oil. Wondering what Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil is?
Almonds contain various nutrients such as zinc, vitamin E, copper, vitamin A, phosphorus, essential fatty acids, magnesium, potassium and proteins. But some of these nutrients vanish when they are exposed to heat or chemicals. Almond seeds are pressed with a modern steel press to extract the oil using the cold pressing method. This method retains all the nutrients and benefits.
Sweet almonds are considered an essential nutrient source for the brain and nervous system, according to the ancient science Ayurveda. Rich in Vitamins A & E, Sweet Almond Oil also induces a high intellectual level and longevity and nourishes and improves complexion reviving its natural glow. These features make its use the most popular for massaging the body (Abhyanga) and the scalp.
As mentioned, there are various uses and benefits of almond oil in our body. Let’s learn what are they, one-by-one.
Benefits of using almond oil
Almond Oil for Face and Skin:
According to some clinical studies and anecdotal evidence, applying almond oil to the skin may have the following benefits:
1. Reduces the appearance of scars- Almond oil was used to reduce scarring in ancient Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. The vitamin E in the oil may contribute to helping smooth the skin.
2. Deep cleanses skin and prevents acne- While the retinoids in the oil may reduce the appearance of acne and improve cell turnover, the oil’s fatty acid content may help dissolve excess oil on the skin. Being very light texturally, Almond Oil penetrates the skin deeply and get rid of accumulated debris as well as makes it easy for the body to absorb it. And because of Vitamin A in the oil, it reduces acne flare-ups.
3. Reduces puffiness and under-eye circles- Almond oil may help ease swelling of the skin as it is an anti-inflammatory. Almond oil also miraculously cures eye bags and dark circles. In just two weeks, you can experience a change if you apply some below your eyes every night before sleeping.
4. Reduces the appearance of stretch marks- Stretch marks may reduce and be prevented by the use of sweet almond oil.
5. Improves complexion and skin tone- Almond oil has emollient properties which has the potential to improve both complexion and skin tone.
6. Helps reverse sun damage- Vitamin E in the badam oil may help reduce damage to the skin caused by UV exposure, as animal studies have shown.
7. Treats dry skin- Including eczema and psoriasis, almond oil has been used for centuries to treat dry skin conditions. This oil is hypoallergic and keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized.
8. Reduces signs of ageing- Though ageing is normal but only with time. Almond oil can prove to be an aid for premature ageing caused by exposure to factors like dehydration, smoke or sun. And in addition to this, a nourishing product can be effective too.
9. Treats skin rashes- Almond oil prevents skin rashes than any of the zinc-based creams that doctors otherwise prescribe as it is more effective and natural as well as it is rich in zinc content with no side-effects.
10. Almond oil removes tan- In a teaspoon of honey, mix a couple of drops of almond oil and an equal quantity of lemon juice and apply the mixture to the affected area. Voila! After a few applications, you can see a visible difference.
Almond Oil for Hair
Almond oil has hydrating and nourishing properties which makes the hair healthy, shinier and lustrous. And it not only provides moisture to the hair but also to the scalp. The massage in the scalp reduces dry roots, breakage, itchy scalp and split ends. Let us go through some of the benefits of Almond oil for hair:
1. Promote hair growth- People who suffer from problems such as thinning of hair, are prescribed to include Biotin in their lives. Biotin is basically Vitamin H, which is a derivative of Vitamin B. This essential nutrient is associated with hair growth and almond oil contains Biotin. Thus, to provide your hair with a healthy dose of Biotin to promote hair growth and reduce hair thinning, massage your hair with almond oil.
2. Strengthens and repairs hair- The oleic acid and linoleic acid present in the oil make our hair less prone to damage by improving the resilience of the hair. The antioxidant properties in the oil due to Vitamin E helps in combating the environmental stress in the hair.
3. Soothe flaking and itching of the scalp- The build-up of dead cells in the scalp is the most common hair health problem and this results in dandruff, flaking and itching along with inhibiting the growth of healthy hair. A massage of almond oil plays an important role here as the dead cells easily get washed out after dead cells loosen their grip because of the hydrating and nourishing property. Dry scalp conditions such as (seborrheic dermatitis) and scalp psoriasis can also be treated and prevented with this.
The dead skin cells from the scalp soften and get removed because of the emollient properties of almond oil. Simply, before your bath, massage the oil into your scalp for at least an hour or even leave it overnight for maximum results.
4. Softens and conditions the hair- This oil softens the hair with regular massages and due to the emollient properties fills the gap in the hair at the cellular level, making it easier to comb and improving the overall texture. The hair becomes less prone to damage and softer to the touch with this improved texture and resilience.
Going through all of the benefits, you must be wondering where to grab the best almond oil at the earliest. No worries! Kudrat kart.com has got you covered.
Kudrat kart brings to you a 100% pure and natural almond oil that is free from any additives as well as un-refined, un-bleached extracted straight from fresh and finest quality gurbandi almonds. These nectars of nature’s cold-pressed and wood-pressed almond oil can be used for massage as well as oral consumption. If you go through various version of the oil available in the market, you will be able to figure out that only a certain percentage of almond oils available in the market is almond oil and the rest are either chemicals of different sort of oils.
During the process of extraction, if the temperature rises beyond 45° C, most of the nutritional benefits get destroyed making it thicker and unsuitable for oral consumption. Modern Agro ensures that this never happens with their Almond oil and in addition to that, it ensures the highest quality and hygiene at every step of procurement, extraction, packing and storage. This Modern Agro almond oil is available in different sizes- 25ml, 50ml, 100ml and 200 ml.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *