Troubleshooting Process for QuickBooks Error 15106
QuickBooks is efficient accounting software for the medium and small size business. It fulfills the entire requirement which is necessary for managing your businesses. You need to update QuickBooks Desktop for better performance. But sometimes you may get error while updating your QuickBooks these are may be QuickBooks error 15243, 15242, 15222, 15106, 12002, 12007, 12009.
In this article we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks error 15106.
What is QuickBooks Error 15106?
QuickBooks error 15106 is QuickBooks update error, it occurs while we updating our payroll or QuickBooks. When it occurs you will get an error message on your screen.
Error 15106: Your QuickBooks isn’t able to update because the download files have been corrupted.”
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15106
• You will get this error due to following reasons:
• Damaged QuickBooks file
• Antivirus or Antimalware blocks the update
• Firewall may block update
• User is not logged in with admin right nor have access to read and view only.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15106?
QB users can follow the below-mentioned methods to resolve error 15106-
Steps 1: Logged in as Administrator
If user has not logged in as Administrator, then log out and logged in with that accounts which has admin rights or logged by using by default Administrator accounts. These steps will provide access to update QuickBooks
Many times the Spy Sweeper can create the trouble. Check out out its presence in their systems. If present then follow the instruction to resolve it.
• Press the key Ctrl + Alt +Delete to open Window Task Manager.
• When Window Task manager is opened click on the processes tab and look for Spy Sweeper.exe.
• If Spy Sweeper.exe is in processing tab click on and then click on End Process.