Are you stuck by seeing mice or rats in the home? Do you want to get rid of them immediately? If so, you are not alone. Many people in Morphett Vale are dealing with the same because they mostly invade your home in the winter season in search of shelter, warmth, and food. Resultant, they destroy walls, food boxes, and kitchen cabinets,
Besides, they cause serious damage to your health. So, it is necessary to get rid of them soon and start living a healthy life again. Before jumping on Pest Control Service in Morphett Vale solutions, one should know about what mice are, how they cause an infestation in-home, and many more. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
What Are House Mice?
You can call them house mice, rats, or mice. These are small rodent mammals that are mostly encountered at the food storage. They are found worldwide and significantly cause physical and property threats to homeowners.
House mice increase rapidly in numbers by changing in conditions. In fact, female mice have the power to produce 12 mice in a short period of time (up to 3 weeks). So, now you can calculate it.
How Do House Mice Look Alike?
These are dusty grey with a cream-colored tummy. House mice can be found in various colors like brown, light brown, black, dark gray, white, and black. They have four legs and round-shaped bodies with little faces. Their tail is usually 2.75 inches long.
Mice prefer to eat cereals and seeds. However, they also eat insects, fruits, chapati, and more. In short, they eat everything like humans, but grain products are best for them.
How To Identify Mice Infestation In The Home?
Here are the signs you should not ignore because they show your house has mice infestation.
- Gnaw marks can be either rough or smooth.
- Droppings of mice near the food storage or holes in the house
- House mice leave their tracks on the floor
- Rats often leave rub or oily marks on the wall
- Mice usually follow the same pathway, so must check the food storage area
- They often spread bad odor in a house with their urine
- If the goods are getting damaged
- If you see mice traveling to the kitchen, there are chances to have a big family over there.
What Harm Can Mice Do To Humans?
- Pose health risk to you and your family
- Spread a number of viruses and diseases like Hantavirus, money pox, etc.
- They can contaminate food and cause infection in people
- They can pose threats to your house as well such as property damage.
- Mice can chew anything they like from clothes to plastic bags, newspapers, wood, etc.
How To Prevent Or Control Mice From Invading Your House?
Once you identify mice infestation in your home, you can follow the given solutions to control or get rid of them immediately.
Check Their Entrance
Don’t you think? It is necessary to check their entrance so you could block them permanently. Figure out all their possible entries like a hole in walls, hole in corners of the house, garden holes, or more.
Once you find the way you can trap them accordingly. However, the Pest control association suggests one should use mice trappers and place them near the entrance to kill them.
You can set mouse traps to vulnerable areas like walls, behind the food storages, and trash cans. Choose from the following types of traps:
- Snap trap- one of the most common types of traps. When it is used correctly, this would help in wiping out the entire population of mice.
- Electric traps- these mouse traps attract mice into their base and kill them with electric shocks
- Sticky traps- these traps use glue boards that stuck the mice in the trap.
- Live catch traps- similar to snap traps, this won’t kill the mousse. These traps help in locking the mice into special net chambers.
Clean The Garage
As we said earlier, mice or rats are attracted to the houses for warmth. Nothing is better than your house garage. Mice also eat wires, so they usually sit behind the engine and start chewing wires. To get rid of them, start using a trapper.
If this will not work for you, you can ask for professional help to get rid of them immediately. Once you have decided to call professionals, ensure they are licensed and provide 100% safe solutions.
How To Control Mice Infestation In The Home?
Seal The House With Steel Wool
To prevent your house from mice infestation you will ensure that mice cannot find another way to invade your house. Therefore, you can play the smart move and seal your house with steel wool because it’s hard to bite by mice.
Place the wires where chances are greater to have them again. Make sure you have checked seasonal stripping and checked the vents.
Cut The Shrubbery From Your House
Do you know shrubbery is the reason you have pests in the home? Probably not! As per scientific studies, shrubbery invites mice and rodents into your home. So, cut off this and refresh your exterior with something new.
Ensure you have placed firewood 20 feet away from the house because mice like to create their nest in it.
Check Your Food Storage
Mice love food. In colder temperatures mice are likely to eat more food, so check on your storages and keep your kitchen neat and clean. Also, ensure you are not leaving food in the cat or dog’s bowl.
This is all we have to say on this guide to get rid of mice. Checking on seals, cleaning up the kitchen, seal trash cans, and many more regular checks are necessary steps you should start. Winters are on the way, so start using precautions today and follow the weekly cleanup methods to keep your home free from pest’s infestation.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *