As its name implies, blackout curtains are designed to block out the light, providing you better sleep even during the daytime. It is a must-have if your bedroom faces east where the morning sunlight directly enters the room. These curtains can easily block out the sunlight light and provide you with complete darkness.
How do blackout curtains work?
The fabric used in the blackout curtains makes the difference. A dense and dark color fabric is used to manufacture the blackout curtains. Many companies insert the black yarn in the middle of the two sides of the fabric to create the blackout effects.
Following are the steps to hang the blackout curtains;
Hanging blackout curtains is almost similar to hanging typical curtains. The entire hanging procedure will take around 30 minutes.
• Firstly, you will have to determine where you want to put the rod. Ensure it is high enough to cover the top of the window. Most people hang around 4 inches higher than the top of the window. But if you want to create an illusion of the taller window, you can hang it higher than the top of the window. Ensure the rod is wider enough to cover all sides of the window.
• Use a pencil to mark where you want curtain rod brackets. Ensure the marking is aligned.
• Drill small holes where you have made pencil marks. Insert the plastic wall anchors in the holes using your hammer. The purpose of the plastic wall anchors is to prevent damage to the walls by screws that hold the weight of the blackout curtains.
• Hold the curtain brackets and drill the screws into the wall anchors to secure the brackets to the walls.
• Once all the brackets are installed on the walls, slide your rod through the blackout curtains.
• Eventually hang your curtains and rod on the brackets on the walls.
Where to buy the blackout curtains?
You can find blackout curtains almost at every online retailer. But if you are willing to buy online, go for it. However, if you don’t want to hang the blackout curtains yourself, you can approach the window treatment experts. They will help you choose the best blackout curtains and carry out the professional installation, ensuring the blackout curtains are hanged perfectly. All you have to do is search for the reputed window treatment experts that offer the best blackout curtains and window drapery treatments services in Malibu.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *