Netgear WiFi Range Extender is one of the most trustworthy solutions to all your internet-related technical issues, especially the ones related to connectivity.
However, the Netgear WiFi extender can also experience an issue such as Mywifiext Not Working and when that happens, your world will turn upside down simply because you won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Keeping this in mind, mentioned below are the topmost troubleshooting tips for this not-so-little troublemaker. But before that, you must understand how to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup so that there is no hurdle sitting in your way stopping you from gaining access to the Internet.
Steps To Perform Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup
- Start by unboxing your Netgear range extender.
- Plug-in the Netgear range extender into a working socket.
- Press the Power button on the extender and wait for the LED lights to turn green.
- Once the lights have turned green, open your computer or laptop.
- Launch your preferred web browser. Make sure that it is up-to-date.
- Type the web address mywifiext.net login in the address bar of your web browser.
- Press the Enter key to proceed further.
- As soon as you hit the Enter button, the Netgear range extender configuration portal will appear on the window screen of your PC.
- Then, you will be asked to enter the default username and password of the extender.
- Once you are done filling in your admin details, click on the Login option.
- After you click on the Login button, you will be taken to the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard.
- A list of wireless networks available will appear on your device.
- From those options, choose a network that you want your extender to connect to and press the Enter key.
- You can also change the network name and password in case you want to.
- Once you are done with the configuration of your Netgear extender, make sure that your device is within the range of your main router.
Bingo! You are done performing the mywifiext.net setup! Now, you are free to connect any of your devices with the Netgear WiFi range extender and enjoy using the Internet anywhere inside your house.
Troubleshooting Tips: Mywifiext Not Working
- Outlined below are the topmost troubleshooting tips for getting rid of the mywifiext not working technical issue.
- Make sure that your Netgear WiFi range extender and router are placed in the same room.
- The web browser you are using ought to be updated with the latest versions.
- Make sure that you are typing the right web address [www.mywifiext.net] in the address bar, without any typos.
- In case the default web address is not working, use the default IP of the Netgear WiFi range extender instead.
- If the default IP address is not working, then use a different browser to log in.
- Clear the saved passwords from the history of the browser if you have used any other extender earlier.
- If the LED light on the extender is not glowing, then power-cycle the extender.
- Facing error in admin details? If yes, you need to reset the factory defaults of the Netgear extender.
- Make sure you download the latest firmware and update it to the extender.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *