6 Steps to Create a Killer Event Marketing Strategy
For organizing an event a lot of work needs to be done. In the planning stage you need to do planning for a number of hours. When the event runs then there is a need to check if everything goes right and this makes your nights sleepless. We can’t deny that it is a difficult job and an event organizer knows this well. So, if on the day of the event nobody turns up then it will be devastating for you. We have to follow a marketing strategy that is well planned for the success of our event. Now I am going to tell you how to put together a killer event marketing strategy.
1. Set SMART goals – You will always take interest in engaging the potential attendees and making your occasion full of excitement. If you get the information that someone is waiting for your occasion for a number of days and tweeting about it then it will make you happy and you will feel encouraged. You are required to be present before the audience, then only you can engage them. Set actionable and SMART goals if you want to achieve this:
By doing this you can plan the objectives of your business in a strategic way.
2. Identify what your target audience thinks – After setting the SMART goals, the first thing that comes to your mind is your target audience. Nobody will show up if you pick the wrong people to market your occasion. What goes inside the mind of the target audience? Many event organizers know this very well. You need to set up an image of the buyer so that you can know about the audience’s interests and their thought process. The existing customer’s real data and market research can serve as a base for creating your ideal customer’s image in the form of a representation that is semi-functional. We call this a buyer persona. Always include the goals, motivations, behavior patterns and demographics of your customer if you want to create the buyer persona. Your personas will be more accurate if you will use data that is more real. You can also discover the thought patterns of the audience by making information assumptions. For instance, some people get up early in the morning and start working. You can easily target these kinds of people. When the sun rises, send an email to these people.
3. Start an integrated campaign – If for the promotion of your event you use a single platform then it is a big mistake. By using marketing techniques that are outbound, inbound, offline or online you can get to the target audience’s every corner. Identify the channels that your target audience mostly uses.
4. Take benefit from organic social media posts – You need to create a social media campaign that is organic, if your budget is low. Whether there are any post-event updates or any official announcement, put all these details on social media channels. Put that much content only so that your event’s information can reach the people and there is no need to overload the posts with so much content. It will be sufficient if you put one or two posts on each platform every day. In the post, tag influential accounts or the hashtags that are popular and relevant. Most people know that interacting with different accounts on Twitter is very easy, so this approach is very good for Twitter.
5. Go for paid social advertising – It will be good for you if you do paid advertising on your occasion. You can use it for the social posts that are most popular. The amount of money that you want to spend in it can be from one pound to more as per your budget. The ad platforms of Facebook and Instagram have the most active audience, so it will be good for you to advertise on these platforms. In order to catch the people’s attention, you can include GIFs, videos, testimonials and quotes in your format.
6. Create a customized event website – Your occasion will get a sense of professionalism if you customize your website. Include a good CTA, event videos, images and a compelling description in your home page.
If you are hosting an event and you want to hire vendors, caterers and perform various activities then it will be good for you to contact anEvent Planning Company. They will make all the arrangements for you.